Hello October! You are my favourite month of all and I am super excited this year because:
- My dear husband is taking the entire month off so we get to do all those things we planned for summer (but the bugs and humidity prevented us from actually doing)
- We will be going to Chicago where I can oogle places like this
- Brooklyn Tweed’s Jared Flood has outdone himself by producing a gorgeous yarn. Husband has already called dibbs on a hat in it, and another one in the queue for my brother-in-law
- I will be getting my very first Namaste Bag – in Purple!
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes – ’nuff said
By the way, I am super jealous of all you members of the Madison Knitters Guild who will be able to attend Jared’s talk this month. I’m sure it’ll be packed to the rafters, and he may just have some samples of Shelter to show, too.
In other news, my mother has returned from a long overdue trip to Korea to visit her family. We would have loved to have gone this year, but a 14 hour flight is a bit much for a toddler and we really only need the stress of one huge international journey a year. A lot has changed in the last twenty years but she had an awesome time and convinced us that we need to go when we can.
She very thoughtfully brought us back a few souvenirs. This tea set is my personal favourite, I love the colours and shapes, just the thing for a nice pot of green tea.
And these whimsical embroidered nail clippers, which do double duty as a bottle opener. You know, for those times when you’re giving yourself a pedicure and fancy a brew.
While a trip to Korea might not be on our “to-do” list this month, I just can’t wait to see what this month of chilly days, changing leaves, pumpkins and bonfires will bring us.