Happy New Year, to you all! I hope everyone has had a fantastic holiday, with plenty of food, love, and warmth. This year was a quiet one, punctuated with holiday visits. Looking back over December I am surprised by how much I managed to get done:
- Amelia for my Mum
- Stella Pixie hat for Dougie
- Another pair of Ringwood gloves for myself (I ended up gifting my pair to my Mum when they fit her so well!)
- Felicity and Crofter’s Cowl for my Grandma
The last two were last minute knits when I ended up short of yarn for the Douglas Mittens. I am so pleased that accomplished my goal of making my family handknits this year. It’s made me more ambitious with my knitting goals than ever.
I am not one for making resolutions, but I feel like they really help my productivity, so this year I plan to make 12 sweaters in 12 months, by participating in IntSweMoDo2011. It sounded like a crazy undertaking until I realised that I had managed to make four sweaters in the last four months (Shalom, Idlewood, Cobblestone, Amelia).
My list as of now is:
- Elizabeth Zimmerman’s Seamless Saddle Shoulder (for my Dad) – Cascade Eco +
- Manu (for my mother-in-law) – Felted Tweed
- Aidez – Rowan Purelife British Breeds Chunky
- Golden Wheat Cardigan – Louet Riverstone Chunky
- Kerrera – Araucania Nature Wool
- Raspy – Rowan Denim
- Central Park Hoodie (for sister-in-law) – Cascade Eco +
- Wispy – Berrocco Ultra Alpaca Light
- Vaila – Berrocco Peruvia
- Tweedy Aran Cardigan – Berlini York Tweed
- Basic Mens Henley (for David) – Rowan Cashsoft DK
The twelfth hasn’t been decided since it’s the only one that I don’t already have yarn for (yikes!). I’m confident that I’ll manage to choose one, or two, or a dozen more I want to do before the year is up. What knitting or crafting resolutions have you made this year?